A QR code (Quick Response code) is a two-dimensional bar code that is quickly readable by smartphones. Today, they serve many purposes, including allowing facility managers to add a unique code to all electrical assets. They can be used to track those assets and see what maintenance needs to be done and/or scheduled. They can also help you find in seconds what normally takes hours – like warranties, manuals, or other related documentation for that technical asset. Turn hours into minutes and start reducing wasteful labor time and cost – with the help of SmartCSM!
SmartCSM has revolutionized the way QR codes are used in the field. Using our software, you can create a QR code, assign it, and track it, all with just a few taps on your cell phone or tablet. Here are a few easy ways to leverage these QR codes to manage your electrical assets more effectively.
Assign a QR code to important individual assets
- Map out and identify your electrical assets, then use our software to assign QR codes to each asset.
- Easily refer back to each asset to make notes, schedule maintenance, see what work has recently be done, and more – all from your smartphone or tablet.
- Your technician or employee can scan the QR code on the equipment to get a list of forms that are available for this equipment (inspection form, preventive maintenance record form, repair forms, etc.) and also see what maintenance has already been performed.
- This type of information availability saves time and greatly reduces inefficient work hours, and improves efficiency.
Manage recurring maintenance
- Never miss another deadline for routine maintenance.
- Stay OSHA-compliant and avoid costly penalty fees.
- Set up reminders to schedule maintenance, or make notes on assets that may need additional work, replacement, or a follow-up.
Schedule routine checkups & assign tasks/maintenance work to employees
- Schedule routine walkthroughs, maintenance check-ups, and other tasks in advance to avoid forgetting.
- Assign tasks to employees ahead of time so each employee is aware of and can refer to the work that needs to be done.
Keep track of who has performed what maintenance.
- Once any employee or technician has performed maintenance, he or she can instantly upload a record of it, and images or corresponding forms – all of which are immediately accessible by the employer or building manager.
- This keeps workers and electricians accountable for the work they’ve completed on your assets.
- Helps you stay up-to-date on what has been fixed and when, which helps in scheduling out regular maintenance check-ups and walkthroughs.
Benefits of using QR codes instead of a paper management system:
- Relay asset data instantly that all employees are able to see and keep track of.
- Provide up-to-the-minute, detailed information concerning maintenance.
- Helps facility managers identify trends in maintenance or upkeep, such as problem equipment or under-utilization of particular assets.
- Eliminate errors or miscalculations done by hand; avoid losing or misplacing important data as it is all stored digitally.
- Maintain employee accountability by providing a digital record of who performs service on which asset.
Start saving time and money and make the transition to digital documentation! Find out how SmartCSM can get you set up with QR code tracking.